What we've been up to
Take a peek inside our Wonderworld
The book pool project for the Amegu Community Library recieved timbers for the construction of the library on 13/10/2019
Our seminar on “Relationship & Focus” with Sir McDonald, a life Coach; and Dr Peace Ibiam on Saturday, 12/10/2019
KACHEM YOUNG INITIATIVE in partnership with the Organisation For Rural Health and Development (ORUHEAD) launched an eye health care outreach on the 24/09/2019, in line with advancing education and ensuring that eye care does not impede education, especially in rural areas. We started out with Amegu community, Abakaliki local government area of Ebonyi State and would tour the state and beyond with this project.
In line with our goal to advance education took action to mark the 2019 Menstrual Hygiene with an outreach to advocate for;
• To end period poverty and stigma
• Educate teenage girls on how to make recycle sanitary napkin
• Educate teenage boys and staff of secondary schools on how best to treat girls on their period as a way of ending period stigma.
• To educate teenage girls on healthy menstrual hygiene management.
• To advocate for clean, well treated and functional toilet with water and soap at schools, and public places.
We visited 3 communities in Ebonyi state with a team of six (6) medical professionals, distributed pads and educated the young women and girls on how to make a recycle sanitary napkins for cheaper access to sanitary products.